This collection of more than 300 titles was selected to support Ohio's Learning Standards for 4th and 5th grade.
Accessing Storia 2018-2019
- Request a Teacher Access CodeCulotte May Trousers Black Noisy Pant Nmwalen ERdw4Zqn.
- Create a free Scholastic account at https://digital.scholastic.com/#/createaccount.
- If you already have a Scholastic account, go to https://digital.scholastic.com/#/signin/staff.
- For information on how to log in, set up classes, and add students, see the Training & Support materials below.
Klein Jeans Wearing Belt Hard Calvin Black What is Storia: Ohio's 4th & 5th Grade eBook Collection?
Scholastic's Storia is a collection of eBooks that helps teachers track students' reading and comprehension progress. With funding from the Ohio Department of Education, INFOhio worked with Scholastic to license a subset of Storia School Edition. The 300+ books included in the collection are hand selected to support Ohio's Learning Standards.
How does Storia help teachers?
- Storia provides high-quality, interesting books that support Ohio's Learning Standards.
- Storia gives teachers valuable data that can be used to create student learning objectives and to support the Ohio Teacher Evaluation System. Storia tracks information in an easy-to-use management system that provides statistics on amount of time spent reading, number of words looked up, highlighted passages, notes taken for understanding, and the score on the formative assessment for each title. If a student performs poorly, then the teacher can verify which strategies were used (or not used) and suggest new approaches the student can take to improve.
- Multiple Lexile reading levels let teachers to differentiate for students, and features such as read aloud are a bonus for at-risk readers.
How does a teacher get started with Storia?
If you did not receive an email from Scholastic that included your access code, request a teacher access code from INFOhio. You will receive an email from INFOhio with the code that you can use to Register for Storia School Edition, set up your class, and assign books.
Why is Storia available only for 4th and 5th grade?
INFOhio currently offers BookFlix for grades K-3. The Storia collection is the next step in providing eBooks for Ohio schools.
Who can use this besides 4th and 5th grade teachers?
People within a school who work with 4th and 5th graders can request a Storia access code. Literacy coaches and librarians are obvious choices. However, they will want to coordinate Storia access with the fourth and fifth grade teachers so that a student does not have more than one Storia account, which would dilute reading improvement data.
Can I share the Storia access code I receive from INFOhio with the other 4th and/or 5th grade teachers in my building?
Yes. One access code can be associated with up to 9 classes with up to 45 students each. If your 4th and/or 5th grade has more than 9 classes, you will need additional access codes.
Can I share my Scholastic Educator account username and password with other 4th and/or 5th grade teachers in my building?
Each teacher using Storia must create her own Scholastic Educator account and roster her own students. Scholastic Educator accounts may not be shared.
Black Calvin Hard Klein Wearing Belt Jeans Can public librarians request an access code?
Our license for Storia is only for teachers who work with 4th and 5th grade students. We ask public librarians, however, to encourage 4th and 5th graders in their libraries' after school programs to access their school Storia accounts.
Is there a list of all books included?
Yes. You can find it in the Training & Support materials.
What devices can students use to access Storia?
Most desktop computers, either Mac or PC, and Chromebooks run Storia. Mobile devices such as iPads, Android tablets, and Amazon tablets also work. Scholastic does not recommend viewing Storia on Phones or Phablets. For a complete list of supported devices, operating systems, and browsers, see the Storia Support and Resources document in the Training & Support section below.
How long will Storia: Ohio's 4th and 5th Grade eBook Collection be available?
Storia is offered at no charge to all Ohio 4th and 5th grade classrooms for the 2018-19 school year.
If a teacher moves from one district to another, can she keep the same account?
When a teacher moves from one district to another, she will need to use her new email address and request an access code for the new school to create a new account. If a teacher moves from one building to another within the same district, she can keep the same account.
Is there a way to import student data into Storia?
Yes. Teachers can use the template provided by Storia to easily upload a .csv file of their students. Once a class has been created, the teacher will see the option as well as the template.
Storia is also partnering with Clever to make student information loading and student log in even easier. If you want to use Clever with Storia, contact support.infohio.org and let us know that you want to use Clever. You will need to use a different setup process for Clever integration.
This resource is suitable for students in the following grades: 4th, 5th
Use this url to bookmark or link to Storia: Ohio's 4th & 5th Grade eBook Collection: https://www.infohio.org/resources/item/storia.